1. There is a difference between being alone and being lonely. You don’t have to be both.
2. Be kind, no matter what happens. Life can be dark and cruel. So be the light instead.
3. Always choose happiness over sadness. Laugh more than you cry. Life is too short to let sadness get in the way.
4. Appreciate the people who make you smile, who try to reach out even when you pull back and who still stay despite your worst. These are the people you should hold on to.
5. Be thankful of the little things, as much as the big things.
6. Stop missing people you shouldn’t missing. Hide those boxes filled with old love letters and journals. It’s time to stop re-reading old chapters.
7. You don’t have to pretend you have it all together. You don’t have to pretend you’re strong and indestructible all the time. It’s okay to be weak. To break down and cry when it gets too much.
8. There will be other people’s works that will be better than yours, and that is completely fine. Do not let this discourage you from doing what you are passionate about.
9. Practice. Practice drawing fingers until they stop looking like twigs. Practice painting galaxies. Practice writing until words spill comfortably like ink.
10. Love your body. Love your scars, your imperfections and your insecurities. You are beautiful.
11. When you are hurting, always remember that there are a thousand ways to heal. A million reasons to be happy. The pail will not last.
12. An ending can be a beginning of something better.
13. Be patient. You will love again. You will leave this country and find a job that you love. Some great things happen late. Everything will make sense in the end.
14. Don’t let anger consume the light out of you.
15. Don’t build your walls too high. It is okay to be honest and vulnerable in front of others.
16. Trust carefully.
17. Spend time with your family. Hug them, kiss them. Answer their long distance phone calls. Unfortunately, you don’t get forever with them.
18. Speak only of words that heal. Of kindness and truth. Words are like knives, so wield them gently.
19. Forget the boy who has forgotten about you. Forget the boy who only knows how to break promises. Forget the boy who does’t know how to plant roots.
20. Do not walk on fire for people who can’t even meet you halfway. Learn to walk away from toxic people.
21. Befriend your ghosts, your memories and your fears.
22. Forgive the grudges, the misunderstandings and the little things that make your heart ache.
23. Detach yourself from material things. Invest in people. Invest in discovering new passions, in tasting delicacies and in discovering new places.
24. There will always be people worth fighting for. There will always be a reason to wake up every day. So keep holding on.